Hi Everyone! Here are the projects that we did in May – getting ready for Father’s Day in June! Our first project was a stinkin cute Father’s Day Shirt that Tammi had done except the original card was too large to fit into a regular envelope and I wanted to be able to mail this out, so I reworked the measurements so that it will fit nicely into a square envelope. This just makes you want to listen to steel drums playing!
Here are the measurements to make this card – it’s too cute!
Tommy Bahama Card:
Basic Black Base: 3-3/4 x 9-14/16 (or 2 marks before the 10″ mark).
White Front: 5 x 3-14/16 (or 2 marks before the 4″ mark).
After you sponge and stamp this piece, cut in half at 1-15/16 (or 1 mark before the 2″ mark).
Sleeves: 1 x 1 inch.
Collar: 3/4 x 3-3/4 inches.
White piece for inside collar: 1/2 inch x 1-14/16 (or 2 marks before the 2″ mark).
Inside of card white piece: 4-3/4 x 3-1/2 inches.
Sponge and stamp your front white piece with Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, and Real Red. Also sponge your pocket. Stamp palm tree from the stamp set Plant Hope. Cut in half. On the left side piece, pierce the edge to simulate stitching. Attach brads. Lightly edge the cut edge with black ink. Lightly edge the pocket edges on all sides with black ink. Attach sleeve pieces at an angle on the black card base, then prepare the collar by folding the 3/4 x 3-3/4 piece, bringing each end in the center and then folding it at an angle. Attach the white inside piece, then cut halfway up on each end of the folded flaps of the collar. Attach the collar to card and then slide the front of the “shirt” pieces up through the collar and then adhere, slightly overlapping the left side piece on top of the right side piece. Just make sure the collar is down low enough and is not too high so as not to fit in the envelope. Next, adhere your white card stock piece inside.
Our next project is our Father’s Day refrigerator magnet, or this would work great on the side of “Dad’s” tool chest!
Here is a wee closer look:
The last project was a Graduation card. I found in my stash some little magnets which I found to be the perfect thing to keep the cap closed onto the base of the card. You can personalize this by switching out the colors to match the school colors of the graduate. ALSO, this was created using one of our fabulous digital downloads! We also made the tassel out of our grosgrain ribbon.
Here is the inside:
Thanks for looking!