Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you a Halloween wreath made using the Halloween banner kit in the Holiday mini catalog:
It turned out so cute! I’ve added some instructions and tips at the end of this post for anyone interested. Here are some close-up details. I added some ghosts using the owl punch where you snip off the feet and then sponge and drawn two eyes and a mouth:
I added a bat below using the retired bat punch – love that!
I created the black and Summer Starfruit rosettes by adding some washi tape before I started folding my strips, creating my own personal rosettes – they really turned out cool. I also added some spiders.
Here are some pics of the wreaths others made. They did some improvises and I loved how they all came out a little different – it’s creepy when that happens…..
This is Sue’s wreath – she changed up her medallions, spiders and bats, along with the banner in the middle and added a very cute ghost with a ribbon strip – how cute is that?
Here is Barbara’s wreath changing some elements around for another fun look:
And here is Jen’s wreath – she moved her banner strip over and added more elastic thread on the back of her wreath and added some more spiders so it looked like a spider’s web, which really creeped me out….. made me running for my spider spray – LOL!
Here are some tips if you would like to make one too. I used our rosette dye for a few of them, but mostly used our scoring tool to create the others. The large rosettes are 2 x 16, medium rosettes are 1-1/2 x 14, and the small rosettes are 1 x 12. I used Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Very Vanilla card stock and also used some the washi tape from the Witches Brew Designer Washi Tape on page 20 in the Holiday mini catalog along with the Halloween Banner Kit on page 31 in the same catalog.
After I had put all the rosettes hot glued together and arranged, I added a banner piece coming down in the middle using the Halloween Bash stamp set. The banner strip behind the stamped one, I scored with our scoring tool to give it some dimension and it was the perfect touch to complete my Halloween wreath. I added punched bats and spiders and ghosts. If you don’t have these, pull up MDS where there are spider and bat images available that you could enlarge and cut out for yours. For the ghosts, I used the owl punch, flipped it upside down and then snipped off his feet (creepy – right?). I then sponged them a wee bit so they popped out. I drew two eyes and a mouth with a black sharpie. I also added white eyes to the bats. For my suspended spider, I placed hot glue on the underside of the spider and ran a piece of clear elastic sewing thread from the back of the banner piece to the back of my base and glued it there, so it looks like my spider is coming down a web – creepy!
For the back of my wreath, I just took the white backing cardboard from a package of designer series paper pack and placed a large dinner plate and drew around it for a circle, then placed a smaller plate inside that and drew around it and then cut out the “ring”, if you will, for which I glued my rosettes to for the base. I then hot glued more fishing line to the back of the wreath so I could hang from my pantry door.
What a fun and alternative way to use the Halloween banner kit from the Holiday mini catalog!
Creepy and crawly hugs…..