Hi Everyone! I thought I would share my first “focus” class where I focused on ONE stamp set and we made 3 different projects using the same set. The price of the class INCLUDED the cost of the stamp set so everyone went home with this stamp set. The stamp set that I chose was “Hearts a Flutter”. Because all the cards used the same set, my stampers had to actually use their stamps to create the projects. The response to this type of class was VERY positive and I had 15 stampers who attended and had a great time! This set also has a framelit die available that matches it to make cutting out your images a breeze! The first one is a wedding card where we added gold glitter to the stripes on the banner and stamped the saying with gold ink:
The next card is a masculine birthday card:
I used Midnight Muse ink along with Early Expresso, added our Burlap Ribbon and popped on a button – and who would that thought this would make a great masculine card!
The last card was a Valentine’s card and this was a work in creation from start to finish where everyone mixed it up and redesigned it as they went along – including ME! LOL! I absolutely love it when they kick my design to the curb and come up with their own! Here is one version from one I saw at Leadership:
Now here is another version one of my sampers (Carol) did, and I really like it too:
Now here is MY idea for the inside where I wanted a surprise for everyone, so I did a little hanging banner for the inside:
Is that stinkin’ cute or what?? Just a little bit of a surprise for the recipient when they open up their card. I punched out the two hearts and punched a hole and then punched a hole for all the other pieces too. I strung them on white Baker’s twine. I popped a glue dot on the back of the heart covering the hole with the string coming through it and attached it to one side. Then I slightly pulled on the string so that it pulled out a little bit of the glue dot, cut the string, then created a bow from another piece of white Baker’s twine and tied a bow and then adhered it to the protruding glue dot to adhere it and covering the hole so you don’t even see it from the front. Then I adhered the other heart to the other side and tensioned the Baker’s twine so everything hung nice and it was not so long and when I was happy with how it was hanging, I cut that end and made a bow and attached it to cover that hole to complete it.
Here is Carol’s version because she created her card with the fold down versus my card which opened to the side and so her banner was completely different. She used two thin strips on either side of the inside of the card and adhered the end of the string underneath each strip:
So there you have it – one card in two different ways outside and in – and I liked each way and especially loved how the inside of the card has a very different look!
Just think of some of the cute things you could do with a little banner in the inside of your card – little candles, little cupcakes, presents, numbers, etc! I’d love to see what YOU come up with if you give this a try!
We finished up this class with a refrigerator magnet that we do every January, but I’ll share that one for my next post with a little tutorial on how it came together, so stay tuned!
Have a super week!